Wherein, two man-boys attempt to successfully cut out sugar and unsuccessfully eat less pizza and carbs and gummy bears. Someone help, please.
Made by Yummertime, in partnership with Smirnoff.
You’d think with one of us being a Libra (Chris), we’d have a little balance in our life. YEAH. RIGHT. Our life is as balanced as a bowl of potato chips for breakfast. And Chris (the Libra) is largely the culprit.
Shameful. Chris loves potato chips.
That said, we’ve been taking baby steps — baby steps, in part, toward less sugar in our diet, among other things.
WHAT HAS OUR LIFE BECOME… NO SUGAR…
Enter: our ‘2017 is Going to be Balanced’ replacement for sugary cocktails: 90 Calorie Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzers (truth be told, we recently discovered these through our 2017 partnership with Smirnoff, and have been constantly replacing cocktails with them on the weekly).
Pro tip: our favorite’s the Watermelon.
Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzers included, here’s where we’re at: 5 WAYS TO BALANCE OUR VERY IMBALANCED LIFE:
- Eat less pizza (i.e. eat only two slices and not the entire (large size) pie) — NOOOOOOOOO, we can’t 🙁
- Spend less time watching Housewives TV shows and more time outside — REALLY?! Doing WHAT outside?!
- Go to the gym at least 3 times a week and ACTUALLY work out — i.e. going straight to the sauna does NOT count…
- Unplug from digital devices at least once every day — QUICK QUESTION, THOUGH, how will the world know what we’re doing every minute of the day?!
- Cut out sugar in drinks – THIS WE CAN DO.
On this last point #5, we’ve actually been successful (insert tiny applause), spending more time after a small workout (not as successful), heading up to our roof on a Saturday or Sunday and drinking a Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer instead of, say, a sugary mojito (insert HUGE APPLAUSE).
Balanced or not, just remember to drink responsibly 😉