First and foremost, TAKE. US. BACK.
True story: we spent one of our nights in Key West devouring an entire meat lover’s pizza from Pizza Hut (+ hot wings) in our king-sized bed, wrapped up in white sheets and robes, sipping on $3 happy hour pina coladas and more pina coladas, thus solidifying The Gates Key West as quite possibly the closest thing to heaven to us.
King-sized pizza heaven.
When The Gates Key West invited us to stay for a few nights, we immediately jumped on the opportunity to become tan again. Priorities. We hadn’t been to Key West before, let alone Florida, and so we really had no idea what to expect. What we got was a lifetime experience we’ll never forget.
Okay, no… who are we? A walking Hallmark card? No, yeah, those are basically the words from a wall decal that you buy from TJ Maxx or Ross Dress for Less, written in pink glitter, “Live a life you’ll never forget,” perfectly set next to a pair of sandals or, like, a sun bonnet. Definitely a sun bonnet.
THIS was our experience at The Gates Key West:
- Hours upon hours upon hours upon hours upon hours doing what we do best: sleeping in a plush king bed.
- Hours upon house upon hours upon hours upon hours doing what we do second best: drinking happy hour frozen cocktails while swimming in a pool.
- Our first bike ride together.
- Almost four years together, and we never had ridden bikes together — which is probably a good thing because Chris nearly died, falling flat into the street, while trying to GoPro selfie-video the two of us…
- Robe selfies.
- Pool selfies.
- ‘We’re drinking pina coladas!!!!’ selfies.
- THE BEST conch ceviche we’ve EVER had.
- Live music every night, wherein Chris was like, “Oh my gourd, IS THAT JACK JOHNSON?!” and it wasn’t.
- And just so much love.