Eleven days. Okay, so, yeah, that totally sounds like a line from a horror film, right? It’s like The Ring – Extended Edition. Get it? Because it’s, like, “seven days” plus four more. Right? Funny, right? “Seven days,” it’s a line from the movie…
We’ll get right to the point… we have eleven days left in the month of October. And we need to maximize the remaining days we have, pumpkin spice lattes and all! Oh, you don’t like pumpkin spice lattes… how about pumpkin bread? Pumpkin pie? Pumpkin cookies? Pumpkin pancakes? Pumpkin waffles? Cute kittens dressed up as pumpkins? Gotcha.
Here’s our list of to-dos (could-do’s?) for the rest of October:
1) Make a smart purchase and buy a pair of wax fangs! Why? Who knows! Brock just really wanted a pair of wax fangs. Did someone just say they’re casting for the True Blood movie?! Hello, Sooki.
2) Every time you go to the grocery store, go ahead and purchase a pumpkin! Why? Who knows! Chris just keeps on buying a pumpkin every time we’re at Whole Foods Market.
3) Experience pumpkin spice everything. Duh. Actually, no, we don’t know why we included this one. Next year, October should be all about Nutella. Scratch that, every day should be about Nutella. Okay, forget #3.
4) Add a varsity or letterman’s jacket to your wardrobe. Brock has his dad’s from the 80s, as well as an updated version you may recognize from here. This really has no relevance to October (absolutely NO relevance), but, hey, it’s one of our current trends right now!
5) Catch up on/ continue watching American Horror Story: Freakshow. Everyone’s ragging on Jessica Lange’s German accent… but, they’re all full of schnitzel, are we right or are we right? Haha, get it? Schnitzel.
6) If you’re like Chris, start listening to Christmas music. But, let’s be real, if you’re like Chris, you never stopped listening to it. Here’s a great album to listen to (obviously chosen by Chris)!
8) Make sure to join the Yummertime Book Club. We’re coming up on the next installment, just in time for November, and so, it’s not too late to get caught up on last month’s reads! Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore or Grace: A Memoir, it’s up to you!
9) Dress up for Halloween, even if you just plan on staying home to watch Hocus Pocus! Key phrase: “even if you just plan on staying home to watch Hocus Pocus.” Yup, that’s exactly what we’ll be doing. We’re thinking about being pumpkins. Just two pumpkins, sitting on a couch, eating Reese’s, Snickers and, let’s be honest with ourselves, pizza. Really though… this is what we’re thinking.
10) And, lastly, adopt a kitten. Again, this has nothing to do with October, but can drastically improve your quality of life — unless, you’re allergic, of course. In that case, please, please don’t adopt a kitten.
Thus concludes our October List. Totally ridiculous, right? Everyone could use a little ridiculousness in their life.